MEETING MINUTES November 3, 2019 at Emerald Court
12:06 pm to 3:15 pm
Introductions of Members
MEMBERS PRESENT: Sharon Kump, Karen Feuer-Schwager, Janet Adams, Randall Holbrook, Jim Dahl, Mary Dahl, Fay Colmar, Kathy Breaux, and various members of 57 Underground.
Treasurer Report $1637.46
- Sharon Kump SCA president started introductions for everyone to make a brief statement.
- Ken of 57 Underground spoke for the group saying they are looking to keep the organization going.
- We all discussed various pop-up show ideas. Work Well, Laguna Lounge, 110 Building
- We discussed combining organizations, which resulted in many members of 57 Underground joining SCA.
- We discussed: the geography of the members, the internet, our website, questioning whether we can have an online store, Instagram, and Facebook. Join the FB group.
- Action Item: Oscar will conduct an Instagram Workshop Nov. 24 at 2 pm in the same location of Emerald Court. Bring a smartphone. A laptop will not be enough. We will have WiFi and a large screen to follow along.
- Having critiques.
- Online galleries.
- 57 Underground has a robust newsletter with a 250 email list through MailChimp.
- We are planning a field trip to various places Feb. 14-16. Using Turo Vans.
- Members: Please get gallery information to Randall well before the opening for posting online.
- New membership renewals are $40. Per year. Every December.
- Art Walks LAAA
- Sharing everyone’s work and having a lively discussion.
Meeting adjourned at 3:15 pm.