SCA Planning Meeting at President Sharon Kump’s studio in Garden Grove, June 10, 2018, 2:30 pm
Ron Reekers – past president
Janet Adams – exhibitions chair
Randall Holbrook – webmaster and treasurer
Sharon Kump – president
Janet Adams and Sharon Kump shared information about the last meeting at Fred Rose’s Studio in Costa Mesa. Fred is an amazing sculptor using wood and ceramics
Discussions of possible art meetings or excursions including:
- Beach painting by a fire pit, probably 13th St at Huntington Beach.
- Artists retreat (some people shared their memories of the artist retreat that was organized previously (probably in 1990’s) and Janet Adams said she has had retreats at her “ranch” in Bear Valley Springs. Probably not until after October .
- Laguna Lounge in Laguna Beach was a possible show site. Randall and Janet had visited it for another exhibit and thought that we could see how much to rent for. Could be a pop-up show for a weekend.
- Bistango restaurant in Irvine was brought up as another possibility for an exhibition. In the past, several members exhibited and sold work there.
- Janet also reminded everyone of the upcoming show at Coastline College “Fish out of Water”. If interested, please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org to pick out a fish. (This is like the very successful bird show that he had a year or two ago.)
- Portraits on Paper will be exhibited in the Art Center at the Irvine Great Park in Fall.
- Desiree also suggested dA Gallery in Pomona. Margaret Aichele is the person we would need to contact… more about this later.
Several online sites to search for upcoming art exhibits were mentioned:
- Entrythingy.com is a website for exhibitions coming up that we might want to enter.
- OnlineJuriedShows.com is also a good site.
Roger Gordon’s pastel portraits of animals have been juried into the OC Fair.
Ron Howlett’s poetic watercolors are in the National Watercolor Society Exhibit.
Janet Adams’ mixed media wood art has been juried into PULSE OF LA at SoLA.
The meeting ended with many of the artists sharing recent work, and Sharon’s handmade paper art collages and studio space were very much admired.